While I admit that the choices for Fashion I provide myself with are small and very economic, I am really at a loss for words with the Fashion options out there right now. After visiting two of my favorite places (Old Navy & Target) I found nothing to get excited about, and in fact, I was VERY put off by more than one outfit at both locations. This makes me wonder if I am 1. Completely out of the fashion loop and this is the beginning of the end for me (insert Mom jeans and cat sweatshirts) or 2. I am not shopping in an age appropriate location.
I am sure more than one of my fellow Mommy friends would find themselves in a similar conundrum, stuck in this place where some things are truly "too young" to pull off, and yet we are not ready to only shop at Chicco's. I do not have the money to shop at boutiques or even Nordstrom right now, and I have never really fit in well at Banana Republic or the Gap. Macy's is "fine" but I have a hard time concentrating in there...too many options in various locations, where still I struggle to find my niche. I have never been an Anthropology girl, and while at one time I was totally sold on Anne Taylor Loft, I am beginning to see them for what they are...oddly made items for a select group of Petite gals.
I used to love a store called Janeville. They seemed to truly understand the POST baby, Middle,middle age woman with curves and a need to cover all the goodies and not so goodies. Sadly Janeville went out of business to focus on their baby brand Janie and Jack (where I never buy anything because I refuse to pay that much money for my kids clothes when I shop at Target) I am sad that Janeville is no longer around, it is a travesty to the "Post Baby Middle Middle age" gal who is looking for a good deal and a great outfit that actually looks put together.
Maybe if we come into some money I will try Nordstrom again, the quality is good and the service is fabulous...but that doesn't help my wardrobe now. Until then, expect very little from my attire and you will not be disappointed.