Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the Reason....

I love Christmas, I love the music, the smells the decorations the hustle bustle and I love having kids and watching them LOVE Christmas. I am however having trouble with my children believing that Santa is the one we celebrate and I know I do not do anything to help that. Don't get me wrong, we go to church, we read about Jesus, tell the story of Joseph and Mary, talk about Jesus birthday and NONE of this seems to trump the man in the red suit. Looking around my house I have Santa's and Snowmen EVERYWHERE, we have two Christmas tree's a Santa Train and a Lego Advent Calendar....and we do have Jesus in a Nativity Scene, but he is small and in the Living Room where we don't spend a lot of time.

I know decorating is not the problem, it is more how Jeff and I are living and teaching our children....but apparently we need some help. I love that Jaxon is going to a Christian PreK right now, he comes home and tells me the bible verse of the month and will talk about Jesus, well until we talk about Christmas and then his focus changes to presents and Santa. I know there are some Missions we could get involved with to teach our kids about the true meaning, but I am afraid they are too young and it just wouldn't sink in. For now, I will rely on our Church and friends to help out and possibly get a few more Jesus decorations for next year.