It's all the rage. It is an amazing workout...and I don't think I can commit. It is really difficult for me to grasp the concept of working out with my friends and NOT talking to them. I went to hot yoga this morning with two of my girlfriends and we said 14 words to each other pre and post workout and that was just not enough. Apparently I am in the season of my life where I am combining two great things, exercise and socializing.
I actually blame Stroller Strides for this phenomenon. The class teaches you that you can workout with your child, AND your friends AND get results. There are not many classes out there that mesh the three so effortlessly. Even now our running group meets and you are able to chat with the few friends that are around you, but unless you are staying for coffee you are missing out on all the other things going on with your crew.
I am sure there will come a time when I will be able to balance Family, Friends, Health/Fitness in a way that I am able to fully focus on the task I am doing, but until then I need the multi tasking workouts that provide me with at least two of the three. Yoga, I will see you again another day......I see what you can do and I want to be there, but I am just not mentally ready.